Skip to the content
JB English Levels
||Lower Intermediate 1
|Lower Intermediate 2
||Upper Intermediate 1
|Upper Intermediate 2
Each JB English level consists of 60 hours of learning which includes 30 hours of classes as well as listening practice on your own time. You will be assessed at the end of every level to track your learning progress.
Below are descriptions of each level from the official CEFR website:
Beginner | A1
At the A1 CEFR level, you are able to:
- Understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs.
- Introduce themselves and ask others questions about personal details.
- Interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
Beginner | A2
At the A2 CEFR level, you are able to:
- Understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc.
- Complete tasks that are routine and involve a direct exchange of information.
- Describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
Intermediate | B1
At the B1 CEFR level, you are able to:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
Intermediate | B2
At the B2 CEFR level, you are able to:
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
Advanced | C1
At the C1 CEFR level, you are able to:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.